The CapaInstaller Console is the application that you will use for the day-to-day management of all your users, computers, and devices.
With its informative and easy-to-use interface, the CapaInstaller Console provides detailed information about each user, workstation, or device and complete remote control over the execution of software-installation and maintenance tasks. Usually, all troubleshooting and maintenance tasks can be completed without leaving your desk.
- Deploy operating system updates and patches to optimize both the security and performance of all workstations.
- Schedule and distribute software-installations, repair, and upgrade packages without requiring user interaction.
- Establish package dependencies to ensure that all prerequisites are fulfilled before running a given package.
- Monitor package execution status for all computers and users.
- Organize clients into static and dynamic management groups.
- Do complete system reinstalls to correct malfunctioning workstations.
- View comprehensive hardware, software, and user inventory details for all workstations.
- Monitor software licenses and usage throughout your network.
- Note, however, that the functionality available to you will depend on which specific solutions of the CapaInstaller Management Suite you have licensed.
The Operator Computer is the Computer where the CapaInstaller Console is operated from.
The CapaInstaller Console utilizes a set of network protocols to directly deploy services and trigger administrative tasks.
- Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
- Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI)
- Server Message Block (SMB)
- Asset Management
- Configuration Management
- OS Deployment — The following is a description of the OS Deployment tool, its functionality and its purpose.
- Patch Management
- Reporting and Queries
- System Administration
- Change log
- Database connection
- Detail view
- General menu description
- Host SelfUpdate
- Main window
- Options — The following is a description of all the CapaInstaller options and how to access them.
- System Notification
- The find form
- Unhandled exception functionality
- Update detection
- Update now
- The Operator Computer
- CapaInstaller Console Network Communication
- Console 5.log